Puffer pics?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yep sure can . Look in the freshwater fish profile section for a figure 8 thread written by a member Terrance . It should have everything you need to know in there.

Brilliant profile...saw the dwarf puffer one too!! These are excellent and v helpful, thanks for the heads up.

Ahh ok, shop thought they were all same species and had them in freshwater...he looked different to me! How long did yours live and how big did they get? Did they have other tank mates or just the 2 of them together?? Thanks for info, there seems to be quite a difference of opinion on these guy on the Internet!!

I had them for about 2 yrs. they grew to be about 3"-4" in the time I had them. I kept some other fish In there. A tank of odd ball fish. An irridescent shark. A couple red tail sharks. 2 parrot fish. Some others. I eventually traded them all in.

I got mine just a few days ago and already love him. He's got a ton of personality!

View attachment 148225

He's adorable!

I hope to have my toby puffer within the next month. I'm leaning towards a papua.

Is yours a solandri maybe? I can't tell very well from the picture.

If you don't mine me asking, what size tank and tankmates? And if he has tankmates, any issues so far?

Here is my buddy porc chop. Got him over a year and a half ago and he was 3 inches . He is over 6 now

Man that's neat. Are those angels? Cool tank. Thanks for sharing.

Here is my buddy porc chop. Got him over a year and a half ago and he was 3 inches . He is over 6 now

Thats an awesome video! Gorgeous fish!

Emperor Angels and Porcupine Puffers are definitely two of my favorite fish.

So jealous, I doubt I'll ever have a tank large enough to house the Angel but hope to have a large enough tank down the road for a Dogface or Porcupine Puffer.

He's adorable!

I hope to have my toby puffer within the next month. I'm leaning towards a papua.

Is yours a solandri maybe? I can't tell very well from the picture.

If you don't mine me asking, what size tank and tankmates? And if he has tankmates, any issues so far?

At the LFS they said its a blue spotted puffer. He is in a 90g tank with a 3 inch Foxface lo and a 2 1/2 Ing kole tang so far. More to come after I add another power head and some more spare $$$. I know I want a flame angel but I'm not sure what else I will add.

image-1383132962.jpg

At the LFS they said its a blue spotted puffer. He is in a 90g tank with a 3 inch Foxface lo and a 2 1/2 Ing kole tang so far. More to come after I add another power head and some more spare $$$. I know I want a flame angel but I'm not sure what else I will add.

Nice tank thanks

Forgot to add, no trouble at all so far. Just a really awesome fish to watch. I did only add him Friday but I don't for see any issues in the future.

Spikes, our long lost friend. She was quite the character.

image-4166212539.jpg

Attachments

• image-741994786.jpg
    image-741994786.jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 138
aww thats a shame porcupines are nice! unfortunatly too big for my tank lol! what happend to yours?

His eyes got infected, which caused an Ick outbreak. I was able to cure the Ick, but not his eyes. Going to get another one, just don't know what kind yet.

That's a shame what size tank o you have for one? And dog face looks well cool!

Picking up my porcupine tomorrow. I will post pics

Any idea what sort your thinking of? Dman did you get your porcupine today?

Back
Top Bottom