Purple spot mantis being sold as a peacock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BLUElobster99

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So my lfs guy ordered me a peacock mantis shrimp. Well I went there to see it yesterday and it's obviously not a peacock. It's lime green with two purple spots. So I ask my lfs guy if he's use its a peacock.. He said yes. So I go home and do some research and it's obviously a purple spot mantis. So I have two questions... How do I tell the guy it's not a peacock? And what is a fair price for a 3.5 inch purple spot mantis?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Here's a picture of him

Attachments

• 1415414023443.jpg
    1415414023443.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 145
If it's 3.5 and I take good care of it... How long should I expect it to live?

I've heard of people keeping them for over 4 years

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've always wanted one can you put 2 together? Or like a zebra and a peacock?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Simple answer, no. The only time I've heard of two mantis shrimp living together was two n. Wenerae living in a 120gal. (keep in mind that those guys only reach like 3.5 inches) I've never heard of a peacock being successfully kept with a zebra

Actually, since peacocks and zebras are usually collected at a pretty decent size you could use an egg rate divider. Even better would be to use an acrylic divider and silicone it in before you fill the tank with water. If you do go down that path just make sure to drill a decent amount of holes in the acrylic so that you have adequate flow in the tank.

Back
Top Bottom