Puzzled by the constant source of excreta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yh88

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all,

I have yet to find the source of a the particular type of excreta which is small (about 2-3mm long and 1 mm diameter) and looks cylindrical in shape and when sucked out into a pail looks black although in the aquarium lights they look brown-red.

My fish population are :- 1 bristlenose (this fish s excreta is long and thin), 1 Cory (1 died), 2 otocinclus (?? common name slippery little suckers - common catfish- the energetic type), 10 rummy nose, 7 cardinal tetras, 2 neon tetras, 6 glolites. Except for the bristlenose

I have yet to see the other fish giving out the excreta mentioned - the output appears greater than the input - food that I feed them with.

Appreciate ur comments. :confused:

I would guess its from your bristlenose.. plecos tend to leave noticable poo behind all the time.. generally if it is not white you are perfectly ok! my pleco left quite a bit behind and i would take a small tube inbetween my weekly water changes and syphon the poo out.

Back
Top Bottom