Python Pump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kasakato

Aquarium Advice Freak
The pump on my Python will no longer connect to the brass thing. All of the treads are strpied off Can I hot glue the pump the the brass thing? Or do I have to buy a new one?

if anything i would suggest getting a new one and then use some teflon tape to connect the plastic and brass parts ... better leak protection and it will help it from stripping. I know this works cause i had it happen to me and i did that, it works great now.

My only complaint about the Python: the pump should be made of brass to avoid this common problem.

I think you need to get a new pump. Look into Lees Aquarium products. They sell a blue plastic pump assembly that is a few bucks cheaper than the green Python assembly.

I don't know how much Python sells the "pump" for. But, you can get a waterbed filling kit that has the same part for about 5 or 6 bucks from wally-world.

Get a new pump from your LFS and look for the PLASTIC fitting instead of the brass one and it may keep it from stripping.

what exactly is stripped? The hose style female thread on the green venturi body? The white plastic adapter with the male hose thread or the small plastic adapter that treads to your sink? If it is either of the white adapters then you should be able to track them down (made of brass) at a local hardware store. If it is the green Python venturi (pump) then you can either buy a waterbed filling and draining kit or try to get a replacement from a local pet store or off the internet.
Good luck! :)

Try walmart or a hardware store. Ask for a "waterbed filling and draining kit" I'm sure that you can get one for much less.

Unless you got a defective one the first time around, I would expect to have to replace some parts after a good deal of use. All parts do wear out eventually... Perhaps when you were attaching it, it was always slightly off so each time you used it it was getting more stripped?

Back
Top Bottom