pyton?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

onah

Aquarium Advice Freak
hey guys i have been reading alot and am getting intrested in this invention known as the python, but question? arent u supposed to treat the water before u put it in the tank, or can i add the Declorinator to the tank after i have replaced the water? i have been treating it as i put it back (by the bucket).let 'er rip.....

just add the amount u need to add for the total volume of your tank before u start filling back, or while you are filling it up, it should be fine. i add mine right before i start filling back up and i have never had a problem.

You can add it before you refill, during the refill, or afterwards. I add it as it is refilling. You are going to LOVE the Python.

Yeah as mentioned add it as you fill the tank. Chloramine and Chlorine is a poison to fish, but short durations in contact with it will not hurt them significantly (just don't forget to dechlor). Most dechlor is instantaneous when it comes into contact with chlorine and chloramine molecules and if you have good circulation then the entire tank will be dechlored within 30 seconds of adding it. Theoretically it might shorten their lifespan but honestly, we are splitting hairs, they will live a long healthy life regardless if properly cared for. I add my dechlor to the water stream while filling.

i use to be like you, i even returned a python because i said "this is stuipd, the water needs to be treated before its in the tank" but then i got a 55gal, and that was pure hell to clean with buckets, and empty milk gallons. since then i got the python, best thing ive done for my fish tank

quick question, does anyone know if they make different size attachments for the end of the python that goes in the tank? I ask because when trying to use it in my 10g (which has a fair amount of driftwood/rocks), I just can't get to python to large sections of the tank because the tube is about 2" across and is too big to fit into a lot of the places I'd like to stick it. I'd much rather have something smaller, maybe 1" or so. Do they make any attachments that I could buy that would be smaller?

JohnPaul said:
Do they make any attachments that I could buy that would be smaller?

Indeed they do - there is a 1" diameter tube advertised on their website, but I've not been able to find a supplier that carries it ! Even BigAl's didn't have it :(

I've also tried to find smaller tubes from other brands that might fit but so far I've had no luck - while the tube is smaller so is the tubing, and it doesn't fit on the Python connector.

cool

hc8719 said:
i use to be like you, i even returned a python because i said "this is stuipd, the water needs to be treated before its in the tank" but then i got a 55gal, and that was pure hell to clean with buckets, and empty milk gallons. since then i got the python, best thing ive done for my fish tank
yeah i would have freaked having to carry that much water back and forth, i already have a time with my pwc, well thanx guys, ill buy one this weekend!

Back
Top Bottom