Quarantine question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hondatek

Aquarium Advice Addict
Yesterday I had to remove my hippo tang into a 45 I had setup for an angler. I treated my main tank with hypo for months and finally decided to give him away since he refuses to get better. My question is if I wanted to qt a new fish in there for my 180 do I need to leave it fallow for 6 weeks then get the fish and go through the normal qt ? The 45 is in hypo now does that make a difference? I have an empty 10 gallon that is for my scrubber that I can use but i would still be using media from an infested tank so i don't think can work either . Thanks

Yesterday I had to remove my hippo tang into a 45 I had setup for an angler. I treated my main tank with hypo for months and finally decided to give him away since he refuses to get better. My question is if I wanted to qt a new fish in there for my 180 do I need to leave it fallow for 6 weeks then get the fish and go through the normal qt ? The 45 is in hypo now does that make a difference? I have an empty 10 gallon that is for my scrubber that I can use but i would still be using media from an infested tank so i don't think can work either . Thanks

You could do this,or leave it in hypo and use the media from DT when your ready to QT...
I always put my new fish through hypo from the start...Why wait for ick to maybe show up..then if it does after 4 weeks into QT decide to treat..
I have never lost a fish this way

Ok makes sense. So I have two options . I can use the 45 if I leave it in hypo or use media in the 10 and hypo that as well. Thank you sir.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom