Question about Shrimp Gobies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

alarmguy66

Aquarium Advice Freak
I would like to get one of these in a month or so, but I need to learn more about the care of them first. Any input will be appreciated.

First of all, I have read that they eat pods and sand inverts. I am assuming I should wait until I have some established populations of those critters before getting this fish? Will the goby eat standard food? Supplement with fresh water pods or frozen? Uhm..hermits will be safe from them I am guesing??

Second - Do these fish make their own holes, or would they welcome a ready made hole in the form of a piece of buried PVC?

Thats all, thanks a bunch.

Any input will be appreciated.

Do a search n the particular fish your interested in on www.wetwebmedia.com ;)

First of all, I have read that they eat pods and sand inverts. I am assuming I should wait until I have some established populations of those critters before getting this fish?

To my knowledge sandsifting gobies are not considered shrimp gobies. the shrimp gobies will probably eat pods, but will not decimate them like the sandsifters.

Will the goby eat standard food? Supplement with fresh water pods or frozen? Uhm..hermits will be safe from them I am guesing??

My shrimp gobie ate blender mush, I would not supplament FW critters for any SW fish except maybe as a treat.

Do these fish make their own holes, or would they welcome a ready made hole in the form of a piece of buried PVC?

Mine did not really make it's own burrow, rather it chose an area under a rock and modified it a bit, it is the pistol shrim that do the majority of the digging.

My gobies Rebecca, has several territorie in my tank and she eats just about any thign in the tank that is thrown in . Since I have so many agressive fish in my tank, I usually put some Mysis shrimp in a feeding prong and place it were she is and she devours it all.

Back
Top Bottom