Question about Substrate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Arwai

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Good morning everyone. I've posted in here previously about my desire for a planted tank and received wonderful feedback. I am planning to layer black tahitian moon sand on top of flourite for my tank. As I've been shopping around for both, the smallest size I've found for a bag of flourite is 15lbs, and 5lbs for the sand. I was curious will these both be enough for my 30 gallon tank?

I assume the flourite is coming in 20lb bag..generally you'd be looking at 2lbs per gallon,so a tot up to 60lbs of substrate..so yeah I agree with the response,2-15lb bags of the sand brings ya up to 50lbs tot..should be good to go...

Aww man, I was hoping to be able to do one bag. Okay i'll get two. Thanks so much!

Since your capping the flourite you want about 2 1/2"-3" for your cap...curious,are you capping because you like the black sand?if so you could bypass both & go with eco-complete (black)...

Since your capping the flourite you want about 2 1/2"-3" for your cap...curious,are you capping because you like the black sand?if so you could bypass both & go with eco-complete (black)...

Yep I love the look of the black sand. What exactly is eco-complete?

I'm on my phone so can't post a link...I use it in all of my tanks(planted of course)...google it & you will get plenty of info...also it can be bought from Amazon.com for just over $20 per bag&id think 2 bags will be plenty(40lbs)..if you purchase it DO NOT WASH IT...

I'm on my phone so can't post a link...I use it in all of my tanks(planted of course)...google it & you will get plenty of info...also it can be bought from Amazon.com for just over $20 per bag&id think 2 bags will be plenty(40lbs)..if you purchase it DO NOT WASH IT...

Okay I will research it. Thanks so much!

Back
Top Bottom