Question About White Spot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Joyler said:
I didn't see any defense either...to be honest...

Not listening to any advice and saying that fish are fine and won't even listen is not being defensive?

Joyler said:
I didn't see any defense either...to be honest...

Thank you joyler and thanks fir your advice. Like I sad I got the ammonia down to .25 I'm gonna do a 10% every day until. I can get it to 0 or I might take your advice and go for a 25% to 50% I just don't want to throw any other levels off they are al pretty perfect. If I can figure out how to post s pick I will post my results. I's there any test kit prep I should do? I rinse the tubes and I'm wondering if If the tap water is altering the results.

Tap water hasn't hindered my results...and sorry roydoom I didn't mean to upset you...

I'm not upset. Just frustrated. All I'm trying to do is help.

Lifeoffroad said:
Thank you joyler and thanks fir your advice. Like I sad I got the ammonia down to .25 I'm gonna do a 10% every day until. I can get it to 0 or I might take your advice and go for a 25% to 50% I just don't want to throw any other levels off they are al pretty perfect. If I can figure out how to post s pick I will post my results. I's there any test kit prep I should do? I rinse the tubes and I'm wondering if If the tap water is altering the results.

If you change water, it shouldn't effect the other levels. Very little if any of the bacteria live in the water column. Most live in the substrate or filter media.

roydooms said:
The whole reply above is just you being defensive.

First of all, we are trying to figure out what's wrong. That's why we asked all the questions. We cannot just jumped in and tell you what's wrong with your fish. I may not be a scientist("you" being defensive again) but i did a lot of research. Just google it and you will know why ammonia is bad for fish. Ammonia interferes with the ability of your fish to use oxygen from the water. Detecting ammonia in the water simply means you have excessive waste in the tank. It is highly acidic and will burn their gills. High levels will kill your fish that's why we are advising you to do a PWC.

If you were listening, you'll be asking questions why and not answer with "my fish are fine". How would you know? You're not a scientist.

Listen dude I don't know what happened but I'm done arguing. I was making a joke above thats why the smile face and I admitted that I should have said they don't seemed stressed cause thy don't look it however who am I to know how a fish feels anyway like I said I don't want to argue. If you don't like me you don't have to follow the thread.

Er, reading that again, let me rephrase... It shouldn't raise your levels unless the tap water has an ammonia, etc. reading. Sorry, I hadn't worded that first one right, because I'm tired.

Lifeoffroad said:
Listen dude I don't know what happened but I'm done arguing. I was making a joke above thats why the smile face and I admitted that I should have said they don't seemed stressed cause thy don't look it however who am I to know how a fish feels anyway like I said I don't want to argue. If you don't like me you don't have to follow the thread.

I'm done arguing as well. I misinterpreted your joke as being sarcastic. That's what happened. It's not that I don't like you. All I'm trying to do is help you. I was still trying to help you the whole time. I guess you won't listen to me now. Good luck with your fish. You're in the right forum. Lots of people here are knowledgable and are willing to help you.

Great news everyone. My ammonia level is down to zero! Thanks for all the help. Even though my original post was about a spot on a nose. But thats okay it was bugging me to have it that high. Thanks everyone my tank looks amazing too. Added a frog and 2 algae shrimp. They are really tiny about a thumbnail big.

roydooms said:

Hey thanks. Sorry about the misunderstanding. I really wasn't trying to be an ***. In fact I hate when people join forums to do that. Got any picks of your tank?

Hey. I apologize as well. I got some pics of my tank in my album here. I need to add new pics though. I got new pics in my "got my discus" thread. Plus my avatar pic :)

What you guys are best friends now?! Lol...fish have the strangest power over us!!

Yes we shared a sweet embrace. It was a touching moment in fish forum history. Right Roydooms

Back
Top Bottom