Question before I order the following equipment!! :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
404 is kinda over kill. I don't think is a bad idea though. Here is a mod you can do to your fluval to make it much better.

Awile back i made the mistake of buying a "trash can". I got agravated with the bin setup it had going on inside cause it used up alot of valueble media space.
So what I did is took all three bins out and the foam holder thing and the bin top, so I had pretty much a empty bucket.

I then took the bins and stored them away in case my project didn't work.

Then i took the foam holder and traced it on some 1/16in plastic. then I cut out the peice and cut a gap in the bottom so water can pass under it.I alos drilled acouple of holes for added curculation. It looked like this.
showimg.jpg

I put this insert on the foam filter side of the bucket and slide the foam holder back in to place.

It looked like this
showimg.jpg

In the end I put "one" of the bins back in the filter on the bottom with the biomedia that came with it. Then I filled the rest of the media side with bioballs and put the bin top thing back on. But, you could fill it with what ever you want.

The filter actually run quieter and in the end much better. I hope this helps all you trash caners.

PS: I have been runnig it for months now and nothing has gone faulty in the moter. But, if it does fuval will never know you tampered with it cause you didn't modify the filter it self in anyway. >8)

showimg.jpg

404 is kinda over kill. I don't think is a bad idea though. Here is a mod you can do to your fluval to make it much better.

Awile back i made the mistake of buying a "trash can". I got agravated with the bin setup it had going on inside cause it used up alot of valueble media space.
So what I did is took all three bins out and the foam holder thing and the bin top, so I had pretty much a empty bucket.

I then took the bins and stored them away in case my project didn't work.

Then i took the foam holder and traced it on some 1/16in plastic. then I cut out the peice and cut a gap in the bottom so water can pass under it.I alos drilled acouple of holes for added curculation. It looked like this.
showimg.jpg

I put this insert on the foam filter side of the bucket and slide the foam holder back in to place.

It looked like this
showimg.jpg

In the end I put "one" of the bins back in the filter on the bottom with the biomedia that came with it. Then I filled the rest of the media side with bioballs and put the bin top thing back on. But, you could fill it with what ever you want.

The filter actually run quieter and in the end much better. I hope this helps all you trash caners.

PS: I have been runnig it for months now and nothing has gone faulty in the moter. But, if it does fuval will never know you tampered with it cause you didn't modify the filter it self in anyway. >8)

showimg.jpg

Sorry about the pic'! this server doesn't support them I guess 8\. Thats pretty weak... here is a link to this post with pictures.

http://aquahobby.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=17945&highlight=

Back
Top Bottom