Question please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

motherspice

Aquarium Advice Activist
My 55 as you all know is up and running now the amonnia is 0 nitrites 0 nitrates 20......... here is the question I have 2 peppered cory that are in my 10 gal I want to put them in my 55, is that ok or does the tank have to be up and running for a while, as they are bottom dwellers?.....Thanks

Are the nitrates low and nitrites/ammonia non-existent because you have cycled or because you haven't yet?

That's the million dollar question. If you were to add in some gravel from your two 29 g's and/or use your existing filter media from one or both tanks, you should be able to start populating that 55 no problemo.

Good luck.

Are the nitrates low and nitrites/ammonia non-existent because you have cycled or because you haven't yet?

That's the million dollar question. If you were to add in some gravel from your two 29 g's and/or use your existing filter media from one or both tanks, you should be able to start populating that 55 no problemo.

Good luck.

I added the media from 2 of my cycled tanks and all the deco with some gravel from my old 29 gal tank....the nitrites went up but after a few PWC it is now 0, so went through a mini cycle, but all is good and the fish that I moved from the 29 to the 55 are great even the 20 tiny fry, lol

Oh, I'd move them over for sure. I assume you drop some sinking pellets for them anyways. They don't really eat waste, of course.

I agree! Go ahead and add them in. I think that it's generally algae eaters and sensitive fish that should be added only after the tank is established, FWIR.

I agree! Go ahead and add them in. I think that it's generally algae eaters and sensitive fish that should be added only after the tank is established, FWIR.

Well they are added:D and they seam good.they are exploring the tank, lol..got 2 more that are in QT:D

Back
Top Bottom