Question??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Keepers_girl

Aquarium Advice Regular
My sailfin pleco has what appears to be "dry skin" (i know that sounds funny) on her side. Just curious if anyone has seen this before. It looks like rough patches that are slightly white in color. She's eating well and seems happy. Is this something to worry about?

I have no idea what it is but ill respond since no one else has.

Are you able to get a picture? it would help a lot in identifying what it may be!

-brent

parasite or bacteria maybe. lol i dont know what im talking about but sounds about right 8P

I would guess this is a fungal infection. Do you have a tank you could use for a hospital tank?

i have seen it before, actually all my plecos do it, after watching closley though and with reason, i decided that why wouldn't they have diff. color patterns that change as other fish do. mine have been doin this for almost 2 yrs. mating fish can irratate them as they eat or territorial fish pick on em an angry pleco is a meeeaaan pleco lol

Thanks everyone. I'll keep an eye on her.....she seems really happy and currently hospital tank is occupied by pregnant guppy(go figure!). She's growing really fast so I'd better get that 90 gal up and running soon! 8O

That's about what it looks like. Any idea why they get it? Is it because they are such fast growers.....mine is growing like a weed! 8O As long as its not dangerous I guess I'll try not to worry! :)

Back
Top Bottom