question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hartman57

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i had just lost all of my lake malawi cichlidsi (6)in my45 gal tall tank. i had tretaed with a common medication but to no avail. I had just completed a 50 - 65 percent water change, andi had replaced the cartrages in my cascade 300 (for 100 gal tanks). i would like to go to the store today and buy some cichlids, but i am unsure if the water is safe (no more disease). parameters are good. I have done this before with a previous ich issue, and my tank bounced back. i just want to do it right!!!! any comments??
thanks

What were you treating for? What was the medication that you used? Can you post specific water test results?

i was treating for ich and i had used aquarisol... the nitrates and nitrates were fine and the amonia was also good. i am wondering if everything is ok, and the water is still alittle cloudy (h20 change like 1 hour ago) could i put fish in now?
thanks

If you added the meds and you had just changed the filters, the carbon most likely removed all of the meds from the water. That is the only thing I can see wrong with what you did. For ich I would have raised the temp to 88 degrees Farenheit.

Back
Top Bottom