quick cory question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

themagpie

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ive been looking at some albino cory cat profiles online. many of them dont list a type of food to feed them. back when i overfed the tetras, the cats basically did a complete clean up of all the muck that had accumulated (mossy looking stuff that formed around the plants and on the gravel {is this algae?}). sooooo anyways, the clean up is done and i was wondering what kind of food, if any, should i feed the corys. or do they just survive off of all the scraps?

-maggie

all the muck that had accumulated (mossy looking stuff that formed around the plants and on the gravel {is this algae?})
Mossy usually indicates moldy.

Cory cats will eat scraps, but if scraps are molding, you are feeding too much. My cories will eat flakes, wafers and veggies.

I use some Tetra crisps for the higher water column fish, which also gets the cories excitied. Then I add either a few algae wafers (For pleco & otto, but my cories love them), or some Wardley sinking shrimp pellets (probably thier favorite).

Corys are so cool. I absolutely love them. Mold = bad, so be very careful how much you are feeding the fish in the tank. They will eat scraps which fall to the bottom of the tank, but whenever a sufficient amount of scraps aren't available, I've always given them brine shrimp pellets. If you are going to look into giving them this, be careful because it can make quite a mess if you feed too many pellets. Keep it small and i'm sure they will be happy :)

Back
Top Bottom