Quick one on fishless cycle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scoobcake

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my 10G is near complete on it's fishless cycle and I want to move a few of my finned friends over from the 29G. My question is how many fish do I need to move over to keep the cycle going. Obviously I dont want to dose ammo while fish are in there so whats an appropriate amount of fish to move to keep the bacteria fed and the water stable.

Ideally I just want to move my snail over there for now as I'm waiting for plants to arrive and then going to buy more fish. Will the snail be enough by himself? I also have 2 kuhli loach i can move over. Perhpas I should just keep dosing and wait till i get all my plants and whatnot before adding fish/moving anyone over. What do ya think? thanks! :D

Hi Scoob! Do you plan on permanently keeping some fish from your 29 in your 10? If not, just keep dosing amm for now to keep it cycled until you purchase the fish that are going to call this tank home. Plants can go in anytime your ready for them!

Well my snail hasn't been seeming the best and I have a kuhli who seems to be struggling as well. So i was thinking of using it as quaratine until I'm ready to add more fish or they seem ok again.

yes and no. I've been struggling with ammonia. Ammo is usually somewhere from .125-.25, nitrites at 0, and nitrates around 5-10. Been doing 50% water changes pretty much every day to keep ammo low.

Back
Top Bottom