Quick Question, A Deformity? Or Damaged Tail?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SomeRandomGuy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So today I went to an outside fish store that mostly sold Koi fish and Goldfish. A lot of the Goldfish they had were uncommon or rare. Yellow Goldfish, Albino Comets, Butterfly Tail Moors, Crown Pearlscales, Bristle Shubunkins, etc. Its was a large area with a lot to see. The fish were in pretty good condition, but some looked like they had tumor like growths in their head and bodies, or some had a bit of fungus.

Almost half an hour exploring the place, I finally decided on getting two fish a Chocolate Oranda and a Calico Ryukin.
I got a side view look at the fish to see since it was kinda hard to see if they had anything from above. From what I saw they were fine but I decided to keep them in a quarantine tank for a week before putting them into my main tank.

I refilled my 20 gallon quarantine fish tank with some very warm water at first and then cold in the end ( to kill any bacteria or parasites). It was to warm enough that it didn't feel like your hands were in water for a few seconds. Then accumulated the fish to the temperature for 25 ish minutes before putting them in the tank. The Ryukin got some bubbles on it but it went away.

Right now I was observing them and saw my Chocolate Oranda with its tails not symmetrical. Idk if you can see it but I'm wondering if some kind of injury or if its a deformity.1530243747932.jpg20180628_204335.jpg1530243873469.jpg20180628_204504.jpg

Looks like the tail is bent, it's usually caused from overcrowding and resting on the bottom (from being over crowded, temporarily sick etc). Sometimes they don't heal right and they'll stay that way. Doesn't hurt, just doesn't look great

Back
Top Bottom