Quick question about my Pleco, should i be concerned?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

philwood09

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have had my pleco for around 4 months now and i have noticed for the first time today that he is upside down underneath the rock but is not attached to it?

I have never seen this before from him, every so often he attaches himself back to the rock but then falls back down not attached? He is feeding fine and i seem him sucking about the wood time to time. I was wondering if this was in anyway normal?

Is he just lazy or is the worst happening to my lovely Pleco? Would hate to see him ill!!!

Tank is all fine and water is perfect as i use a API kit. :fish2:

IMG_0313.jpg

Not a great pic, but it's dark underneath the rock!
You can see his mouth not attached and that he is on his back?

They do that.. it's actually common. They fall asleep and detach.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

? did not know that they can be heavy sleepers!! Lol speaking of pelcos i havent seem both of mine for almost a week now.... ???

Well i work night time so i have the tank on during the night and off during the day... have always wondered if the fish can adjust to that or i should keep the normal schedule?? (Have had the lights on during the night ever since i started this tank)

Well i work night time so i have the tank on during the night and off during the day... have always wondered if the fish can adjust to that or i should keep the normal schedule?? (Have had the lights on during the night ever since i started this tank)
Btw dayumm on them sleeping that long ???

Okay.... I haven't seen my rubber nose pelco for little over a month... now.... I have a large piece of DW that has a medium/large sized cave inside it, there's no way for me to look in there unless I un-wedge it from the tank and physically turn it upside down to look. Just don't want to disturb the tank, but I'm starting to get concerned that he may be dead inside the cave? I have been seeing my BN pelco daily... :/

Tends to stay below .25 all the time, have quite a few plants in there. But my girlfriend tested the water for me yesterday while I was working late and it came up as clear?

Not to mention the RN pelco wasn't in a very good environment before I transfered him over to the bigger tank

Back
Top Bottom