quick question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike3epanda

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am about to post my fishes on craigslist as everyone here told me that I am overstocked... but I don't know how much its worth so maybe u guys can give me an idea..

I got:
1 sailfin tang (5-6")
2 yellow tang (4-5 5-6")
1 humu trigger (5-6")

can I get some prices of how much they are worth or all of it together?.. thanks

Prices across America really vary. The only way to get an accurate price is to see what other people are paying for similar fish in your area. Look on LiveAquaria, other online retailers, your LFS, etc. But realize most people on Craigslist are looking for a good deal so my guess is you'll have a difficult time charging the same rate LiveAquaria or even your LFS would. But you should be able to get a competitive price and good luck to you. Never an easy decision to get rid of a fish but it's very responsible of you to do that.

If you can't find a buyer, I've found it's nearly impossible to get any money from an LFS for a fish. None near me will even take a Humu for free because they're so crazy. But there are some LFS that will give you at least a credit toward another fish if you decide to donate your fish to the store. So ask around!

I agree with Pinkie that people that go to that site are looking for the deal of the century. They could care less what it cost you or what it is worth. My guess on what the LFS sells them for in my area are Sailfin--- 35.00
yellow tangs-- 24.00
trigger---50.00

But as I said you wont get that on Craigslist

Back
Top Bottom