Rabbit Snail Issues!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cohenjl13

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello, i recently got a rabbit snail, about a week ago and at first he was great, hes sitting in a planted 110 that has been up for 6+ months so i know its good and stable.

i noticed he hasnt been moving so i picked him up to look at his little door and its either gone or so far in i don't see it, also when turned upside down a thick clear ooze drains out of him. He smells fine and all my other snails are doing great.

Anyone have any ideas of suggestions?????

In the picture below you can see he is unhealthy from the store but Mr. Nivens is happy and eating!

Attachments

• IMG_0703.jpg
    IMG_0703.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 88
Maybe it was his waste/poo. Or he could be dying. You will see soon enough. He could have been injured in the store from poor water quality or who knows. Maybe he is just getting better.

I had a Mystery snail which got a salt burn (was treating Ich) and stayed in the shell for a very long time and then came out after weeks and was active and like before.

Make sure to keep water quality excellent.

Thanks for the advice everyone after a couple days he started to smell bad and he had loved on! Everyone else in the tank is fine so I think it was an issue before I got him

Back
Top Bottom