Rainbow Shark and Cichlid Compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Camstercage

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i was wondering if a cichlid would live with a rainbow shark? i just got rainbows (3) i am finding a home for two of them so they dont kill each other. i am interested in filling out the tank. any suggestions?

I moved this post to its own thread.

Welcome to AA by the way!

What size tank are we talking about here? There are many cichlids that will work with a rainbow shark, but that all depends on the size of the tank. Also, is this a planted tank? Could you give some details about your tank or maybe post a picture?

I have one with my africans, and works great grazing on algae and leftover pellets. I tried one with my SA/CA tanks but was harrassed to near death and now resides in my 29 QT tank.

ok so i have a pic of my tank on my profile page. i am new to this site and not sure how to post it here. so africans can co-habitate with rainbow sharks. do any other fish. like a neon tetra or black tetra's?

I was wondering the same thing when I was looking at fish today. So u guys are saying it's possible for a rainbow shark to live with African cichids? I'm planning on stocking peacocks and labs in my 55

Back
Top Bottom