rainbow shark trouble

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zach_1_6

Aquarium Advice FINatic
hi, i have a rainbow shark which about 4.5 " long and is in a planted 65 gallon tank. he is always hidding in his cave and has his nose pointed up and tail down. is this normal? he comes out every so often and gets a bit scared if i walk by to fast. or if my tetra try and chase him lol!

How long have you had this shark and how long has the tank been established?

had the shark or almost 4 years now, he looks very healthy, and the tank had been running for almost 3 months now.

ps he is an albino so that is probably why he is in the cave, but it concerns me why his nose is up and tial down.

These sharks supposedly live anywhere from 5 to 7 years...you've had yours for 4 years an it was probably 6 months to a year old when you got it. I'm thinking you're shark is just showing behavior of an old fish...resting more...hiding more...eating less...etc. As far as it's resting with it's head up and tail down? dunno, maybe it's just comfortable that way?

Is the fish eating? does it show excitement for food?

yes it eats well and comes out when i feed my fish, although somtimes he will say in his cave and not eat.

Back
Top Bottom