Rainbows

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

knowsam

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Anyone know where to get rainbows in Canada? I'm in Calgary but will buy on line if I have to.
Sean

I have purchased several rainbows (boesman, parkinsoni, celebs) at Bigals here in Edmonton. I have seen lots at most pet stores including the above aswell as turquoise, red iranians, dwarf neaon, ornate, etc.. Interesting that you can't find them in Calgary. Looks like one more reason the northern city is better.... ...just to keep the battle of Alberta alive... I really have nothing against Calgary other than the flames.

Rainbows of the common variety are everywhere. Wal-Mart carries several varieties including the very fetching dwarf rainbow. As well every pet store worth their salt will carry a list of available fish for either regular shipment or special order. Big Al's is a wonderful place to check for this kind of service. They also have an online ordering section on their website. Check that out I hope that information helps.

Sorry I should have been more specific in my original post. I'm looking for less common species and thought there might be a well know place. I'm looking for all of: dwarf neon (easy and I've found them), gertrude's and othe Pseudomugil, and Threadfins. Its the last two that I can't find.
I figure 3-4 of each with a couple of GBR's, 2 kouli loaches, SAE's and a couple of the tiny frogs should make for a well stocked 46 gal planted tank.
Sean

Back
Top Bottom