Rams and PH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Diet is a big factor on colour but so is water conditions. But I haven't had BRs before and everyone says they are hardier then GBRs so it might not have as big of impact.

Also with GBRs the first few rays of the dorsal fin extend past the others and curl back. I don't know if it's the same. But the female probably has a bigger tummy. But I only say that because she has to store the eggs. It's also probably extremely hard to sex them when they are jouvys. I bought two male GBRs... Suppose to be one male one female. To another lfs and he knew right away and he was right some how...

Got a ram today guys!!! If i could post a pic i would, but i dont have any data? How do i fix this?

Its body looks like a blue ram, but its fins look bolivian! So cool! He is being drip acclimated....:)

Just use imageshack.us and use the link the give u titled "forum". Copy and past link here

BambooBen said:
Just use imageshack.us and use the link the give u titled "forum". Copy and past link here

I actually had pics, but they were deleted. Now the tank is too dark to take a pic..:( ill get some in the morning, or use a flashlight now. Keep in mind he wont be as great looking in the pics. Bad pic, and he is probably stressed

Here we are! The second one was good:)

Attachments

• image-1739442703.jpg
    image-1739442703.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 62
  • image-473379352.jpg
    image-473379352.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 72
  • image-2886400446.jpg
    image-2886400446.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 70
  • image-4294730322.jpg
    image-4294730322.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 69
aqua_chem said:
I think he might have some irish on his mother's side...

But yea, looks like a gbr to me

Hahah!! Cool! He has red fins and stuff too though o_O

When we saw him at the store we were not sure if he was a german or bolivian...at the store we saw tons of balloon germans but i dont like the "fat" look, an its a birth defect. Cool fish though!

We wont be able to tell until he chills a bit, but one of the pics had a blue sheen on it which Im pretty sure Bolivians wont have.

aqua_chem said:
We wont be able to tell until he chills a bit, but one of the pics had a blue sheen on it which Im pretty sure Bolivians wont have.

Hopefuly..i like germans more even though bith are awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom