Rams and PH

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He should hopefully color up a bit once he settles in.
I do hope you can re-home your featherfin soon. Honestly, IMO you really should have waited until he was gone to get another fish. Hopefully it all works out though. :)

absolutangel04 said:
He should hopefully color up a bit once he settles in.
I do hope you can re-home your featherfin soon. Honestly, IMO you really should have waited until he was gone to get another fish. Hopefully it all works out though. :)

I agree, but the deal was ram, then phoneas:( not my rules. Hopefully he sticks to his cave until i can get rid of him

absolutangel04 said:
Yeah, I am sure that would be fine.
Do you know yet what kind of ram you got?

I think a gbr! I will take more pics in the mornin:)

Ya, ill turn on the lights tomorrow then. Test out my new bulbs too!

When we saw him at the store we were not sure if he was a german or bolivian...at the store we saw tons of balloon germans but i dont like the "fat" look, an its a birth defect. Cool fish though!

that whole "selective breeding" thing is the whole reason I finally settled on Bolivians...all the GBR's in my LFS were "Longfins", and my pair of Bolivians was in a tank with a dozen or so of them, looking all dull and drab :(

I got some better pictures this morning now that the lights are on! And one from last night. Heres jerry:

Attachments

• image-4288335630.jpg
    image-4288335630.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 55
  • image-3405940339.jpg
    image-3405940339.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 66
  • image-3977791650.jpg
    image-3977791650.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 61
I keep my gold ram and gbr in stable 7.8-8.0 ph and they seem fine. Vibrant colors and they've even paired up. I saw them digging holes in my sand recently as well. I've always heard most fish adapt as long as ph is stable.

Jjensen187 said:
I keep my gold ram and gbr in stable 7.8-8.0 ph and they seem fine. Vibrant colors and they've even paired up. I saw them digging holes in my sand recently as well. I've always heard most fish adapt as long as ph is stable.

Cool!! My little guy is so cute so far! I think we have settled that his name is scar;)

Nice name! Are you going to get another one or keep him single? I believe try breed on flat rocks, not so much caves. I dint know if the texture of it matters so you could probably use some tile...

Hobgob said:
Nice name! Are you going to get another one or keep him single? I believe try breed on flat rocks, not so much caves. I dint know if the texture of it matters so you could probably use some tile...

I dont want a breeding pair really, but i would like to get an electric blue after i see if this one does well:D

My stock for my heavily planted 40 breeder is
2 angels
10 glowlights
5 hatchetfish
1 peacock eel
1 GBR
And 1 featherfin catfish.

When i get rid of the featherfin within the next couple weeks or so, think i could get an electric blue too? I do PWC's 50% a week...

Is it going well with the eel and the current gbr? IMO, once the eel is gone another should be ok as long as you are sure about the eel being ok with the rams. :)

absolutangel04 said:
Is it going well with the eel and the current gbr? IMO, once the eel is gone another should be ok as long as you are sure about the eel being ok with the rams. :)

Yes, things are going very well with the eel and ram. They dont even look at eachother. Nunu sniffed scar the first day though lol. Ever since he has looked at the eel with a face of disgust:) haha

I assume you meant the catfish instead of the latter eel, right?

Scar likes to hang out under the lip of finnys cave, but only when someone if watching the tank. He hasnt become very personable yet, but i expected as much;)

Hholly said:
Glad Scar is doing well! :)

Thanks! Ill get some new pics up once he gets in the right lighting to show off his blues, and i can creep up on him:) haha

Yes, things are going very well with the eel and ram. They dont even look at eachother. Nunu sniffed scar the first day though lol. Ever since he has looked at the eel with a face of disgust:) haha

I assume you meant the catfish instead of the latter eel, right?

Scar likes to hang out under the lip of finnys cave, but only when someone if watching the tank. He hasnt become very personable yet, but i expected as much;)
Lol, yeah I meant the catfish. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom