Rams get their own place!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Very nice! Looks like two different varieties in there.
Thank you!

I have three purple and four Classic™.

That's too bad about the deaths.

Have you had any snails survive in the tank, for any period of time? Is it a used tank, have you ever used any medication with copper in it? Methylene Blue, potassium permanganate, malachite green, formalin, MetroPlex, others...
This is actually a brand new tank. Like not even a week old. Before I moved the rams, plants, equipment, and substrate over, I did have a couple of Japanese trapdoor snails. I moved them out because they had shell erosion.

I had brought home six of these ramshorns and three of them- I thought the rams had eaten them, but now I'm wondering if they died on their own.

1484175376533.jpg

Now it looks empty. I only removed a couple of leaves, but I tied the Asian water fern plants to two plastic sticks, because they kept floating up. It makes a big difference to not have them spread out all over the place.

The forced perspective works. I am happy with that. I need some more really tall trident java fern to fill out that curtain. And I still need a centerpiece. I had wanted to get the second piece of quartz like the one in the community tank, but someone else had bought it. Maybe I can talk my daughter in to letting me move it.

New growth on my buce! YEA!

I've also moved over some very small ramshorns that mysteriously appeared in the 29 gallon. Hopefully they fare better than the adults.

Oh no!
1484838985555.jpg

In case it's not clear, I'm concerned about that loose skin on top of his head. It looks like a burst blister.

I just tested water yesterday- 0 ammonia and nitrites (I ran out of my nitrates test), kH 3, gH 9, and pH 6.4. 82° F.

What's going on? What do I do? I already have a fish in quarantine.

Last edited:
1484859724534.jpg
AHHHHHH!

Salt? Acriflavine? Methylene blue? Malachite green?

This has deteriorated tremendously in the past few hours. Please help.

I just took a C shaped Harlequin rasbora out of the tank.

There's pretty much only one word in my head and it is not family friendly.

Can you look around for any sharp stuff. Posted what I could on the other thread. Hoping for the best outcome.

You could do a dip for him, but I couldn't say what and how much and how long.

For an injury, clean water in ideal parameters will do much to help the healing. For any other possible solution the clean water won't hurt.

Can you look around for any sharp stuff. Posted what I could on the other thread. Hoping for the best outcome.

You could do a dip for him, but I couldn't say what and how much and how long.

For an injury, clean water in ideal parameters will do much to help the healing. For any other possible solution the clean water won't hurt.
I'm going to try to find sharp edges. I thought I did a good job filing the broken edges of the amphora, but I'm going to double check.

Thank you for your insights.

I got some nice new java ferns today. I spent a lot of time tying them to ceramic buttons. I've set them in place but haven't buried roots.

Nice idea to tie them on - did you actually mean literal buttons???
I make buttons.

91b01b4e98adef243b6f7cd22b548c77.jpg

My website is expired because I SPEND ALL OF MY MONEY ON FISH, but I have some pictures up on Pinterest.

Those are incredible!!! I am a huge fan of your work now - LOVE it! Thanks for sharing the link. Sunspot and the leaves are really great!

Yes, I can see how they would hold the plants, great and pretty, nice idea. What talent you have nurtured. Would fit in to the galleries in Boulder!

Those are incredible!!! I am a huge fan of your work now - LOVE it! Thanks for sharing the link. Sunspot and the leaves are really great!

Yes, I can see how they would hold the plants, great and pretty, nice idea. What talent you have nurtured. Would fit in to the galleries in Boulder!
Thank you!

Actually friends bought sunspot for a gift but ended up keeping it for themselves.

They posted a picture on Instagram recently.
13694685_1683694445289716_338682347_n.jpg

I'm really torn on removing the plants from this tank. I took out out the swords and mosses but left the java and Asian water ferns. I really hate using salt in a soft water tank.

After all of the columnaris nightmare, I gassed the tank and killed two Harlequins and nearly Fast Sparkles. The drop checker was orange. Things seem to have bounced back, but ugh. I'm really mad at myself.

I have a wooden "airstone" that works so well you never even see bubbles!

After all of the columnaris nightmare, I gassed the tank and killed two Harlequins and nearly Fast Sparkles. The drop checker was orange. Things seem to have bounced back, but ugh. I'm really mad at myself.

Yeah, frustrating. Two steps forward and one back. Still, you do become a better fishkeeper through it. :)

Back
Top Bottom