Rams get their own place!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's the same thing that happened a couple of days ago, but I thought I had fixed the problem.

Now I need to figure out what to do to keep the tank from losing its cycle until we decide what to restock with.

Sorry about your fish.
IMO you won't lose bacteria.They don't die real fast, they sort of go 'dormant' for a decent amount of time.
They 'wake' up a lot faster then cycling new and usually as fast as adding seeded material IMO.
I am thinking in your case in particular not all. :flowers:
If you just keep tank running you have a safe month IMO, where you can reasonably add back in fish.(y)
Just an old guy with an 'empty' tank a time or two , and over 1,000g of full ones loaded with fish...:dance:

That's reassuring.

It will be good to have the ramshorns building up a population, given that my two top choices for new inhabitant eat them.

Looking at fish, my daughter decided we should get an oscar. ?

The diffuser I was using is limewood. It makes bubbles so tiny I can hardly see them. Trying to figure out what needs to change I'm thinking of getting a solenoid. The ceramic disk diffuser I used needed so much pressure that it blew a hose connection.

So I was taking a picture of the snails, when I saw

1486265561752.jpg

A little red spiral dealie. Hmmmmmmmm

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

I had also gotten two kuhli loaches (see the cute face in the picture above?) because reasons. There's no need to quarantine for an empty tank, right? Whatever.

I used Herbtana because a guy I know in human form swears by it. Pretty much sold me on ALWAYS QUARANTINE yet again.

Dosed PraziPro. Bye, worms!

Thinking about restocking, I'm considering three options:
1. Blue rams and Harlequin rasboras again. They were a great combination.
2 Pea puffers. The whole reason we got into aquaria was for underwater helicopter puppies.
3. A couple of large schools of tiny tiny fish like micro rasboras.

I'm planning on elevating the scape quite a bit, and I think the third option would look amazing with that set-up. But, again, the child wants pea puffers and I loved the rams and Harlequins. This is why people get more tanks.

LOVE tiny fish! What is your pH?

One of my favorites right now, my have already mentioned it is the Microdevario Rasbora Kubotai - Green Kubotai. Busy and bright top 1/3rd of tank mostly, with a gorgeous violet blue line through their backs.

These guys are wonderful fish too with a little tannins and lower pH though. Red Green and Neon Blue colors. Most pics don't do them justice.
Sundadanio axelrodi — Seriously Fish

1486520624645.jpg
1486520727114.jpg
1486520736234.jpg

This bugger survived the Prazi Pro.

@AutumnSky, the pH has been hanging out around 6.7. Naked micro rasboras are amazing, too.

Back
Top Bottom