Rams

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As for schooling fish, yes you should keep them with your rams, they will definitely appreciate it.

Driftwood is a definite yes, rams love acidic water.

Hello! So, I noticed you said you were interested in rams, but I am not sure that you are set on germans. Personally, I keep Bolivians and I love them. Some people do have awesome luck with gbr, but they have their reputation of being sensitive for a reason. I think that for every person I talk to who has awesome luck with them, I meet at least 3 who have had the opposite experience. Not to deter you though, I do think they are amazing fish and you should be ok since you are planning for them.
As for schoolers, neons, cardinals, and black neons all look really nice with rams because of the contrasting colors. IMO, avoid serpaes, tiger barbs, or any other fihs with the rep for being nippy.
Also, rams love their caves. I use terra cotta pots and lava rock caves for mine. I keep small slate pieces near the caves so they have a place for eggs.
Theres a picture of Mango, my female Bolivian.

Attachments

• Mango.jpg
    Mango.jpg
    253.8 KB · Views: 68
Back
Top Bottom