Random question...hand cuts and pwc

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishychick

Aquarium Advice Freak
What do you guys do when you have a cut or scrape on your hand and it's water change day? I've heard fish water can have some scary stuff. Is it dangerous to you or the fish to put your hand in fish water with a cut? You can't use latex gloves can you?

Just wash it really good after, if you have a fresh open cut I'd try to keep it out of the tank all together. I am a carpenter and more often than not have cuts on my hands. I try to favor the less afflicted but not always an option. I just scrub with dial antibacterial soap after. It's what doctors use to scrub in so....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Yeah, that's what I try to do, but it still creeps me out, lol. Wasn't sure if a good hand washing could really get out whatever floats into a cut during a pwc.

It's worked for me thus far.. you can definitely catch a funky infection from a tank, no question in my mind. Just keep it as clean as possible.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I'm not a carpenter (much to my wife's chagrin), but with our menagerie of pets and due to the fact that I try to pretend I know which end of the hammer to use, I often have cuts, scrapes, and scratches. I have my hands in my tanks often; once even did it with fresh stitches.
I agree with Brookster; wash your hands when you're finished with your tanks, and between doing different tanks (which you should be doing anyway), and you should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom