Rant: Aqueon 36 Bowfront

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bobrummel

Aquarium Advice Regular
I set up my new 36 Bowfront and everything seemed fine. The next day, I noticed that there looked to be a hairline crack near a corner. Couldn't feel it from the outside, but thought I felt it on the inside.

Decided to go and buy another, transfer, and return the cracked tank. Got the new tank home and it has more cracks than the one I had! Then, when I looked at the set up one, it had developed another crack!!

I'm so upset and now I have to take both back:( Better safe than sorry with 36 gallons of water on the floor, but what a hassle! Is this a track record with the
Aqueon or my bad luck?

Wow! That really sucks. I haven't had issues with their tanks but I don't own any bow fronts. Sorry that happened :/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Karma?

Well, after it is mostly said and done, I ended up with the Marineland 29. I went to the store and turned out that the other 2 36 bowfront tanks that they had arrived with cracks. I decided that 4 was enough and traded for a smaller (I needed to stay with that size footprint), but non-cracked tank.

Ironically, the Marineland 29 was the original tank that I looked at before switching to the bowfront for the extra 7 gallons! Wish me luck that this one holds!
Thanks all for listening to my rant:)

What stand are you using?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Countertop

I have it on a counter top with a piece of poly styrofoam stuff under it. The water seems pretty level although I have to admit that I didn't put a level on it.

I was worried that that was the problem when I found the 2 cracks on the tank I filled. But I was nervous when I went to the store and saw cracks on 3 other tanks of the same size/configuration out of the box.

I don't have room for a stand, so if the counter doesn't work, I may have an Aquaclear 70 filter for sale!

Ohhh, they were probably bounced around in the truck?? I'd wait for a new shipment..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Bouncy Truck

Could very well have been a bouncy truck. Unfortunately, I couldn't wait for a new shipment as I had wanted to have something in place for the "Jolly, Red Suited, Man!"

In the end, maybe I was meant to have the 29 gallon! Maybe My NEXT tank will be a 46 gallon bowfront....Or a 55!! :fish2:

Back
Top Bottom