RB Piranhas, Red Snakehead or Oscars?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

piranha790

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all i'm new here, i used to own 15 piranhas and they all died in an accident, anyway i have a large tank and im having some choices on what to get for my tank, i like the predetor aggressive type fishes, so my choices are between:
1-Red belly piranhas
2-Red SnakeHeads
3-Oscar
4-Dovi
5-Arrowana
6-flowerhorn
these are the only aggressive fish availeble in my country and dont worry they are all legal here, any way what would you reccomend and why? i want a fish that is not shy ..that is aggressive towards anything else ...Eats anything (i like to offer chicken breast since its cheaper than pellets in my country)
So what would you Recommend and why?

Definitely Oscars. They are a very tame fish and will eat almost anything you put in there. They are also very aggressive.

Could you include some info, tank size, filter etc - this will help some of the forum users direct you in the best direction.

I will say that feeding mainly chicken breast is a very poor diet for any fish which have complex nutritional demands. A poor diet will result in poor health and you will not see the best of your fish if they do not receive good nutritional food.

I did some google search it was like snakeheads! But since noone mentioned it i guess its not the #1 in aggression and all..i will post my tank info soon ;)

The tank was extra dirty so i cleared more than half of it..then i connected a hose between bathroom and tank to fill it..i checked with my hands was cool water...so when it was like %80 full..i saw my p's swimming upside down..dying slowly ..i checked the water ..it was very hot..i guess the cool water was from the last night and was little..i tried to save them but couldnt..temp in kuwait reached 54° c outside making everything hot..u can see the temp from my car on instagram @xalbaqsami ...

O that sucks. I've always wanted red bellied pirahnas and my lfs has them :) but I don't have another tank :-(

Hi I'm new hear too but I have a lot of the fish u name expect the snake head and the flower horn but okay my piranhas are the best the are only 4 inches but the are so cool I mean they eat the baby mice already but my arowana is growing a lot faster then them the best part about the arowana in my opinion is the they stay at the to unless the are looking for food lol now my dovii is. In the same tank with my arowana and he is a lil monster if anything comes too close he snaps lol

Nope, not even close... Snakeheads are of the genus channa and originate in Asia. Bichirs are of the genus polypterus and originate in Africa. Completely different. 100% positive they're illegal in the US, as they have been introduced to many lakes and rivers in the southern US and have been spotted in the great lakes even

I stand corrected lol... the only reason I mentioned it is because of the thread I started on bichir questions and was pretty much told it was a snakehead and would devastate my tank lol.

Thank you for clarifying that for me though

Back
Top Bottom