Rbta questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MsBeanCtr

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I apologize for not having pictures, but I'm at work currently ;)

I have two rbta and one is doing very well. It's about half way down the tank and it has maintained it's color and size. It eats like a pig and is as fat as one too.....Now, my other rbta isn't doing as well. It is the first one I got and it's about half the size (from when I got it) and doesn't have as much color as when I first got it. I have this one about 10 inches from my light (T5 HO). I've soaked its food in garlic and vitamins. My clown fish don't want anything to do with either rbta so it's not being bothered by them. Neither one is in a high flow area.

Do you think I have this one too close to the light? Suggestions and/or comments.

I have a friend that her`s splits all the time. The one that looks bad is not trying to split is it? As far as placement they will go where they want. No use trying to move them.

I have a friend that her`s splits all the time. The one that looks bad is not trying to split is it? As far as placement they will go where they want. No use trying to move them.

No, it's not splitting. The color is almost white with very little pink on it. Also, it's about half the size of what it was. This has been going on for almost 3 weeks.

I was thinking I could move it lower in the tank if someone thought the lighting was an issue.

I would stop feeding it. I don't feed my RBTA at all, it gets food that floats around from feeding the fish. BTAs are funny sometimes and they will go through a period of not being very happy. My RBTA has done exactly that especially after my tank disaster.

Ok....I'll leave him alone. This is a picture of what I'm talking about....it looks so very unhappy and sickly.

img_925651_0_4a5fbce14df06c696c7c56d2a864c2cb.jpg

This is what he looked like before.

img_925651_1_8b8c15f3f7fdcef588c816dbc5b1e408.jpg

That is either one Monster Tang or a minature RBTA :)

Can't offer any help on this one just saw the Ginormous Tang is all

That is either one Monster Tang or a minature RBTA :)

Can't offer any help on this one just saw the Ginormous Tang is all

LOL! Yes, that Tang is a moose!

The rbta is under T5 HO lighting and about 10 inches from the light. He's nestled in a small piece of rock that is fairly easy to move.

Should I move him? If so, how far down the tank should I move him and what kind of flow should he be in?

I'm not up on my clams, but could the clam be causing it any harm? Chemical defenses or anything like that? They look kinda close and anemones like to stretch as you know. Just a thought. :)

You would be surprised what a clam can do. That is a good point Linds, though I think the RBTA would have moved it it wasn't happy in the spot. I wouldn't move it around any, just keep a close eye on it.

Have you tested your water recently? Any major changes?

yes, I always test with the pwc and nothing is out of whack. I moved the rock that he sits in yesterday.....a little lower in the tank and absolutely nothing around him (just in case).

Back
Top Bottom