RCS and crayfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Armoredspider

Aquarium Advice Activist
I really like the look of the electric blue crayfish but I also really like yellow RCS and endlers. Could I mix these? I am afraid the crayfish might eat both and my live plants.

You instinct is right. Crayfish and plants do not mix. They also eat any small live foods including shrimp. I think there are blue shrimp that are safe to mix with other shrimp as long as they don't create hybrids. The babies will be ugly.

Your cray will eat just about anything. Live plants included. If you really want fish with it, I would go for zebra danios. Very fast and are hard for the cray to catch.

Your cray will eat just about anything. Live plants included. If you really want fish with it, I would go for zebra danios. Very fast and are hard for the cray to catch.

Not fast enough though...lol. I have a blue cray in my tank with zebra danios and black skirt tetras and he has taken out 4 danios and a tetra. I am going to be moving him to a species tank this weekend. There are also 2 flame gouramis in the tank which spend quite a bit of time low in the tank and swim right past him and he makes no aggressive moves towards them, so go figure. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom