Re-aquascaping

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Scouser

Aquarium Advice Addict
'Ello 'Ello 'Ello lol.

Ok so I'm wanting to redo the aquascape I currently have in my tank.

I have a few questions I'd like to ask.

•If I take my fish out of the tank and place them in a bucket filled with tank water will the be ok for around an hour while I redo it?

•If I add new gravel (washed etc) will this effect the tank at all?

•Is a 2-4mm gravel suitable for Amazon Swords to root into?

Thanks for all the help I know you guys will give :D

The fish should be fine in a bucket for a while. The more water the better. Changing out the gravel will remove some of the established bacteria from your tank. Maybe someone with a little more experience than me could chime in.

Fish will be fine in a big bucket.

The sword will need at least 30mm of gravel root and be secure in the substrate.

Just check your parameters for a couple of days afterwards and do plenty of pwc's to avoid a mini-cycle.

Chino1130 said:
The fish should be fine in a bucket for a while. The more water the better. Changing out the gravel will remove some of the established bacteria from your tank. Maybe someone with a little more experience than me could chime in.

I'm not changing the gravel just adding a lot more lol.

And the finished layer will be around 2-3" deep with a valley bridged by driftwood with a Sword "forest" one side and Anubias Nana "lowlands" :D

Back
Top Bottom