Re-scaping/Stocking Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Austin.b

Aquarium Advice Addict
Last night I redid one of my 10G tanks with some pool filter sand. I have 9 Molly fry in it currently, but I will be giving them away today. I'm completely stumped as to what to do with it. I was thinking you guys could help me:)

I have 20W's of light and I really want to avoid running CO2, but I will if I should. As for plants I was thinking about ludwigia repens, water sprite, hornwort, maybe a crypt, and some java moss. Hopefully the light will support the water sprite. I'm also trying to avoid anubias. What do you guys think, plant wise?

As for stocking, maybe some shrimp but I'm not sure yet. Probably some neon tetras? I don't know lol

I think Endlers are like the coolest things ever. I was at my LFS yesterday and they had a "product show off tank" with RCS, Enlders, Otos, Japanese Filter Shrimp and it was planted beautifully! It seemed like the perfect setup. There for 4 endlers, a few dozen rcs, and 3 filter shrimp. i only saw one oto.

Personally I'd go with nano fish.

Least killifish
dario dario
sparkling gourami
pygmy corys
ember tetra
pygmy rasboras

You get the idea. Maybe add a shrimp species.

TankerJs said:
I think Endlers are like the coolest things ever. I was at my LFS yesterday and they had a "product show off tank" with RCS, Enlders, Otos, Japanese Filter Shrimp and it was planted beautifully! It seemed like the perfect setup. There for 4 endlers, a few dozen rcs, and 3 filter shrimp. i only saw one oto.

I was thinking about adding endlers too! Lol most of the endlers I find aren't too attractive though...any ideas where I can find some nice ones?:)

DragonFish71 said:
Personally I'd go with nano fish.

Least killifish
dario dario
sparkling gourami
pygmy corys
ember tetra
pygmy rasboras

You get the idea. Maybe add a shrimp species.

Would the dario dario eat adult shrimp? I added some Pygmy corys yesterday and I love them lol

Does any one have Any suggestions on plants I should have in there?:) I was thinking about some anubias nana petites (sp?) lol thanks!!

Jungle val? I like guppy grass too, it grows quick and looks cool if you scape it right :)

Back
Top Bottom