Re-Starting 36 Gallon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mxg5299

Aquarium Advice Activist
I had a tank full of a few pairs of cichlids, but they got too large and aggressive. Someone took them off my hands, and now I'm starting over, with the acception of a rainbow/red fin shark. I want more of a community tank, but the shark can be aggressive. The guy gave me a strawberry tetra and madagascar rainbowfish and they are doing fine. I'm not planning on keeping the 2 "test fish" so what do you recommend for a community built around a rainbow shark?

With a tank that size, keeping anything with the shark would be difficult. Both the tetra and rainbow fish would probably want other fish to school with.

The shark has stayed around 4 inches for 3 years now. I'm not worried about its size. I don't plan on keeping the other two. Strawberry tetras are dyed and madagascar rainbows reach 6 inches. I didn't chose them.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The shark has stayed around 4 inches for 3 years now. I'm not worried about its size. I don't plan on keeping the other two. Strawberry tetras are dyed and madagascar rainbows reach 6 inches. I didn't chose them.

Sent from my SCH-I415 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I wood worry about it's size. A rainbow that's 3 years should be around 6" or better. Also a 36 gallon is a bit too small IMO

I have a rainbow shark, 3 clown loaches, 6 angel fish, 2 bn pleco's and 2 catfish, they all get on really well. The shark shares the cave with the loaches. I have had no problems with the shark at all, not even during feed time. I have had these fish for 12 months, loaches and shark were bought at the same time...Good luck

Back
Top Bottom