Really dumb question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Charlie

Aquarium Advice Freak
The small hose that runs off your protein skimmer collection cup - Do you put the discharge end of this hose into a separate collection cup or do you stick it back into the sump? (assuming you are using a sump or wet/dry)

I'm having adjustment problems with my skimmer and this hose can overflow the cup in a few hours. :? Can I just let it discharge back into the sump?

No. Do not put that funky crap back into your tank. The skimmer removed it, you don't want to add it back. Just run the line into an empty gallon milk jug.

are you having a problem with scum cup filling up? what color the liquid in the cup light brown to clear, or dark brown to dark green or black?

good luck

fishman

i like to use a milk jug and sit it next to the sump. i also put the milk jug inside a bucket, just in case something happens and the skimmer decides to start to overflow, it won't pump that nasty fish poop onto my floors.

I plugged mine and empty the cup every week. I didn't have room to put an exterior collector in a bucket as Doug did. That way if ti overflows it does so in the sump and not on my floor. Rarely happens, but when it does it's zero sum.

If it's overflowing every few hours, it's not adjusted correctly. What brand is it and how long have you had it?

Back
Top Bottom