Really in need of help with my bettas!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oohitsae

Aquarium Advice Addict
Can someone please help me figure out what this is?
I have a 26 gallon sorority tank with 6 female bettas, some cories, and a couple Endlers. All water parameters are good. Only recent additions were the Endlers and they were QT'd first.

I have had 2 dwarf cories and all the male Endlers drop dead in the past few days. And I think it has something to do with what's on 3 of my girls fins.

It's too big to be ich, IME, and its not fuzzy or anything either...
Is it maybe a fungus?

I turned the temp up to 84 to try and help if it does happen to be ich. I also added epsoms and AQ salt to the tank last night about 10 tsp epsoms, 10 AQ. I know it's not recommended with cories, but I've done it while treating columnaris before with no issues.
I added all the additives yesterday, after I noticed all the deaths.

If you need anymore information please let me know. I will be happy to provide it!

I just REALLY need some help. Everyone in this tank is part of my breeding stock and cost me a good amount of money.

Attachments

• image-3559214.jpg
    image-3559214.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 55
If it isn't fuzzy then it isn't a fungus. It could be bacterial, and if it is the increased water temp is going to make it worse, not better in my opinion. Do they look like growths? Are they just on the fins of the fish? And do the tetras have any signs of this?

It looks like a growth. Somewhat like an abcess. Only on the edge of their fins from what I can see, but the affected fish are light bodies so I may just not be seeing it. Almost looks like there fins are melting away, if that makes sense?

There's no tetras in the tank, but the Endlers aren't showing any visible symptoms . No change in activity, just waking up in the morning and finding dead males.

:-/ sorry to hear that.

What are your exact water parameters?

Are the fish still acting normal?

Yeah everyone is acting normal

PH: 7.8
Ammonia: 0
NitrITe: 0
NitrAte: 10

And I can't remember gH and KH off hand...but can find out if you need me too

Back
Top Bottom