really need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishdud

Aquarium Advice FINatic
How do I get rid of white fuzz that's on my plants and in my filter?:(

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111002_194449.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111002_194449.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 106
  • ForumRunner_20111002_194539.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111002_194539.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 107
Now it's growing on my gravel..come on guys, please..

It won't work. I don't wanna suck up my substrate.

Well yeah, I swirl the vacuum around to pick up the waste and everything. It took over my wisteria and had to take em out. Now it's all over my vals

From the pictures, the white on the plant doesn't look like the stuff in the filter. Maybe it's just the pic...?

The pics are kind of blurry... the plants look to be infested with BBA. Not sure what it is that is in the filter tube...

If the plants have BBA, spot treating with a medicine dropper and H2O2 daily will kill it off after several treatments. Best to trim the seriously infected leaves and just discard rather than try to treat.

The key will be determining what the imbalance is that is causing the BBA in the first place so that it does not return. Are you injecting CO2 at all in this tank? If so, at what rate, and what is the ppm kept at? What kind of light is on the tank and what size tank is it?

If it is not BBA, then disregard :). Like i said, tough to tell from the photos.

I don't think it's bba, it's on the glass and substrate as well. It's like white slime, it was growing in the filter. I'm guessing nobody knows what this is?

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20111005_065955.jpg
    ForumRunner_20111005_065955.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 84
Batt4Christ said:
From the pictures, the white on the plant doesn't look like the stuff in the filter. Maybe it's just the pic...?

It is, it's cause it's not bunched up like in the filter.

It looks like a hair algae, yes?

I would consider dosing Excel if you dont already. Stuff is great on hair algae.

aqua_chem said:
It looks like a hair algae, yes?

I would consider dosing Excel if you dont already. Stuff is great on hair algae.

Its not hair algae either:/ I really thought it was too but can't be cause I am dosing excel and it's not getting rid of it so hair algae is out. But it did start out as hair algae or least that's what I thought but then it got worse and now it's like white slime. Scrubbed my filter down good two days ago and now it's back in it. It smells like soil, I honestly don't know what to do. It's harming my plants, I think.

Its water mold... This happens mostly with over feeding its harm less.... Just clean it off gravel vac and cut back on feeding

xfactor6699 said:
Its water mold... This happens mostly with over feeding its harm less.... Just clean it off gravel vac and cut back on feeding

Haven't fed the fishies in two days tho. Did a big water change Sunday, I'll do another today. It's hard to get it it's the substrate cause it's gets sucked up also.

I've had this before, it truly is hard to get rid of. Cut down on feeding to once every 3 or 4 days and lots of gravel vacuums should do the trick. The key is to just be patient with it and know that it will go away

Fishkeeper26 said:
I've had this before, it truly is hard to get rid of. Cut down on feeding to once every 3 or 4 days and lots of gravel vacuums should do the trick. The key is to just be patient with it and know that it will go away

It is, it's just that the substrate is easy to suck up, I whirl the vacuum around to pick up any waste. I've had this for like a month.

Just keep doing gravel vacuums and save as much substrate as you can if you can't vacuum it without picking substrate up. I had to replace some of my gravel, but it's something you havta do to get rid of it

Fishkeeper26 said:
Just keep doing gravel vacuums and save as much substrate as you can if you can't vacuum it without picking substrate up. I had to replace some of my gravel, but it's something you havta do to get rid of it

What about on the plants?

Back
Top Bottom