Rebuilding fishroom... follow our progress here :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'd have to total it all up, but we're just under 1000 gallons right now according to hubs. When we're done, we will have over 1000 gallons out there. We also currently have a 20, 29, 40, 46, and 120 in the living room. lol

I'd have to total it all up, but we're just under 1000 gallons right now according to hubs. When we're done, we will have over 1000 gallons out there. We also currently have a 20, 29, 40, 46, and 120 in the living room. lol

That's crazy. I guarantee even after you finish your fish room you're going to start planning an expansion, I know I would, whether it was going to happen or not, lol.

Doubtful. This is our second build-out. We identified a lot of things we wanted to change after building it out the first time. Then we tore it down and did it all over again.

Doubtful. This is our second build-out. We identified a lot of things we wanted to change after building it out the first time. Then we tore it down and did it all over again.

Ah I see... Well this 55g is actually the 5th tank I planned on doing, and it's actually my 2nd tank... I'll never be satisfied.

I did 45 water changes last night in under 4 hours. It was a personal record. :)

It was 72 here yesterday so I opened the door and used 2 Python hoses to drain down the driveway for the larger tanks, and did buckets for smaller tanks at the same time. So I had 3 tanks draining at a time. Goes a lot faster that way.

It was 72 here yesterday so I opened the door and used 2 Python hoses to drain down the driveway for the larger tanks, and did buckets for smaller tanks at the same time. So I had 3 tanks draining at a time. Goes a lot faster that way.

Buckets? You must be strong. I haven't used a bucket for at least a year. Hehe

In other news, my water change and feeding schedule is paying off. :)

We got a bag of 6 juvie Apisto hongloi back in the middle of October at about an inch. I've been feeding them twice a day and changing half their water 4-6 times a week since we got them, and I've managed to grow them out enough in a 10 gallon in that time to pull out a nice looking young pair last night. I don't have pics yet, but I'm very happy.

All that extra work does pay off! You two are just moving right along although the thought of doing so many tanks with buckets makes me ache just thinking about it...lol! You won't ever need to go to a gym to stay in shape!

Any update? How's it working?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Hi, haven't updated much in a while... winter has been tough but hopefully it won't last too much longer. :p

We added another 2 40 breeders, and will soon be adding 2 more 55s (already have the tanks, just need to build the stand). One of the new 40s has a group of Chromidotilapia guentheri guentheri- we had these growing out in a 20 high and moved 4 of them when a pair formed and spawned. The pair was left in the 20 and the female is currently holding. The other 40 is home to a reverse trio of Crenicichla regani. The female is plump and her belly has started to turn pink so we are hopeful that they will spawn. Since the last update, we have also added hi red endlers, nezzie swordtails, Limia nigrofasciatus, Goodea gracilis, and some other fish that I'm forgetting.

So here is a random video of our 3.5 week old Otopharynx lithobates fry and a couple of other pics. *edit* Mute speakers, please!:)
Otopharynx lithobates fry, 3.5 weeks old - YouTube

Tangerine tiger shrimp... these have been breeding nicely. ;)
IMAG0556_BURST002_COVER.jpg

3 day old Corydoras paleatus fry (and I pulled 22 more eggs today... lol)
IMAG0558.jpg

Last edited:
PS. Sorry about the jet engine air pump. lol

This afternoon, I stripped fry from one of our Protomelas sp. Steveni Taiwan. She wasn't too happy about it, but I got around 22 fry. :)
uploadfromtaptalk1392325456430.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Also, our Chromidotilapia guentheri guentheri spit their fry today, finally. These are biparental mouthbrooders. uploadfromtaptalk1392334033235.jpg

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom