Recently Purchased a Rose Anemone

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SirLight1337

Aquarium Advice Activist
I spent about 2 and a half hours aclimating it lastnight with my special 1 gallon bucket setup as a drip system into a 5 gallon bucket. After aclimation i put him in the main tank and held it on a rock for about 20 seconds to allow it to get some suction, and it stayed there for a few minutes before hoping off and hiding under a rock.

I checked on it again this morning and its fully closed, attached to my heater in the corner of my tank semi hidden under a rock. I also bought an atlantic anemone that came from the same LFS, from the same tank as the rose. Aclimated the same way and it found a good spot in the tank and is fully open and looks fantastic. Is this anything to worry about? or should i just simply relocate it ?

It will position itself in the tank when it finds a nice spot. May take a few days.
I'm not sure you have enough light though. Less than 2 watts per gallon :(

260 watts total. each retrofit is 130 watts and i have 2 in my canopy. What else do i need to add? i figured this was plenty bright. Roughly 1.7 watts per gallon.

Also, My tank has 2 pieces of small acrylic covering the tank openings so i dont have any carpet surfers. Would adding MH possibly create enough heat to significantly warp or melt the lids or the tank ?

I will remove it after work. If its not doing better in a day or two ill take pictures and see if anyone else knows whats goin on. I was told that my lighting shouldent be an issue as it would find a better spot ( closer to the top of the tank) if lighting were inadequate. Thanks for the replies so far. This site is awesome. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom