Recommendation for canister filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mar23

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm thinking about buying a canister filter for my tank, but don't know what is good. I have a 60 gallon tank and it currently has 2 AC50 hob filters. I would like a canister filter that isn't too pricey, but easy to maintain and reliable. Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Sunsun has some good models. Pretty pleased with the one I got. I'd check it out on Ebay, super cheap there.

Thanks. I was looking on Amazon. I am just confused by all the different models. Which one do you have?

602 or 603B mini Sunsuns will do you great.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

602 or 603B mini Sunsuns will do you great.

Aren't these for small tanks? Max 20 gallons. My tank is 60 gallons. I want to do just 1 filter.

Sunsun 304b

I have the 303b and saw the 304b recently on ebay for a few bucks more than i paid for the 303b.. Kind of a bummer for me but just the heads up for you. Wait for it on ebay

- St Charles Almendras Geraldizo

Sunsun 304b

I have the 303b and saw the 304b recently on ebay for a few bucks more than i paid for the 303b.. Kind of a bummer for me but just the heads up for you. Wait for it on ebay

I just saw that. The 304 does not come with the media, though. If you want it with the media, it is about $20 more than the 303. I think I may go with the 303. 200G is a bit of an overkill for a 60g tank. No?

For a 60 I would run 600 gph advertised

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't own any Sunsun canisters but will be buying 2 soon.

I don't own any Sunsun canisters but will be buying 2 soon.

Good! Ok, I'm getting the Sunsun 304b. Thanks, everyone!

I just saw that. The 304 does not come with the media, though. If you want it with the media, it is about $20 more than the 303. I think I may go with the 303. 200G is a bit of an overkill for a 60g tank. No?

It wouldnt be overkill at all. And id still recommend going with the 304b. Higher gph rate and an extra media tray. Media and sponges are cheap... For the benefits of having an extra media tray AND the extra flowrate definitely outweighs one trip to literally any fish store to grab media..

It still bugs me to this day that i didnt pay the extra dollars for the 304..

Please?? :(

Word of warning, my LFS owner refuses to carry SunSun anymore because people returned them so often due to defects that he was losing money on them.

I only have experience with Fluval but that brand has been good to me so far.

I finally got around to buying the sunsun 304b filter. In what order do I fill the trays? I have the cotton, bioballs, ceramic rings and carbon. Does the order matter? The filter has 4 trays.

What's the difference between the 404b and 304b?

I can't really tell online.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom