red algae

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiredfish

Aquarium Advice Activist
i had put up this thing before and it was smaller and couldnt see it very well.now weeks later i have left it alone and its getting bigger.what is it , and what does it do?haha.

Looks very similar to a species of Ulva sp aka Sea lettuce although I'm not familar with a red variety.

What region did the rock come from?

Not to offend but dude, what's with the hair algae 8O :p

Cheers
Steve

i guess green hair lagae

i dont know whats up with it.how do i get rid of it?and as far as being offended im not. i dont like it either haha. and thankx for the possible identity on the red thinf.i have several little groups a growing is it a little tacky or is it cool? thanx dood. the rock is florida fock thats all i know. :D

Hair algae is usually from phosphates and other less desirable impurities. Looks like you are using tap water? If so, you need to switch to a more pure water source, run a PO4 granualted sponge a few times and employ some lefthanded hermit crabs. Typically I don't like to recommend hermits but I think they will be the best bet in this case. You will also need to ensure the hair algae is trimmed down to llow the "crew" and easier time of cleaning things up.

Cheers
Steve

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom