Red belly piranha help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Nathenrauch

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just purchased 7 rbps and I have a fully cycled 55 gallon tank I was wondering what they need?

You should always, always, always research before you buy anything and everything in this hobby, no matter what.

Btw, they get to be around 12" each and at adult size for 7 of those bad boys, you will need a 300+ gallon tank.

I just purchased 7 rbps and I have a fully cycled 55 gallon tank I was wondering what they need?

You should research first but alot of us dont because we are too darn impulsive. At least you are here bow right?
Anyway the best help I can offer is they will probably need live or frozen food. They also need a larger tank I believe.

Just a note to everyone posting advice is great. Posting acvice to do research before you buy is good advice. However how would you like it if you asked a questikn and that was the only reply you got? Try to at keast offer some help. Obviously he has already purchased and it is too late to research before.

Thank you guys for all your help how long do you think I can have them in the 55 there like quarter sized

They'll bite through cabling and hoses so under gravel filtration and heating is advised. RBPs prefer subdued lighting and places to hide such as bogwood.

I purchased a Pacu (A very similar species) without doing any research and placed it in a 35 gal for 8 months before he outgrew it and moved him to a 60 gal. After he outgrew that I gave him to my brother to keep in his 120. At 13" in length he has enough space in the 120 gal to turn, move, and do other fish activities.

With a few months before they kill each other for territory, this is a good time to prepare a space in your home for an incredibly large aquarium OR to try to find a new home for your new responsibility.

I think I'm going to have to move my moving bed filter from the tank if they chew through it

Back
Top Bottom