Red Bush - Algae identification

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Am i glad to have this? I also have green hair and bubble. I read about them... Dont pop the bubbles!

I have almost the same exact thing growing out of a zoo colony that I've had for over 6 years. It just sprung up within the past 2 months. There are other pieces starting to develop elsewhere in the tank also. I think it looks pretty cool!

View attachment 94708

Red Macro

Flreefer said:
I have almost the same exact thing growing out of a zoo colony that I've had for over 6 years. It just sprung up within the past 2 months. There are other pieces starting to develop elsewhere in the tank also. I think it looks pretty cool!

Red Macro

Interesting how it is near your polyps also!! Maybe they are forever friends

Right now all I have is 2 ocellarius clowns, 1 Cardinalfish and 1 blue green chromis. A few coral one margarita snails, and a couple asteria snails and such.

Prob nibble at it most def, but not eat it down to the base. Not right away atleast. I'd either keep it in a fuge and feed your tank the trimmings of it or put it in your display tank and see how it does.

Openbrain said:
Hat is this?

Its called dragonsbreath its a macroalgae if it were me id let it grow and trim it once in awhile my brother had some in his tank was very pretty didn spread at all just grew up toward the light

danbstrong said:
Its called dragonsbreath its a macroalgae if it were me id let it grow and trim it once in awhile my brother had some in his tank was very pretty didn spread at all just grew up toward the light

I have so much now since my last post!! I dont know what to do with it all

Openbrain said:
I have so much now since my last post!! I dont know what to do with it all

Mines gotten huge too, it's about ready for a trim. I'll post a pic of it tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom