Red cherry shrimp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlackMagic

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi, I got a tank with 20+ shrimp and slowly these shrimp r dying.
1-2 per day. I Heavent test my water yet but ill do it later.
I'm 100% sure my water r clean.

I feed 2 1inch algae stick a day.

This tank has plants, snaiks, shrimp that's it.
I'm losing money replacing my shrimp Everytime.

What temp is your water and you need to know if there is any ammonia or nitrite. Shrimp are very sensitive to ammonia and nitrate.

I'm 100% sure that there is something wrong with your water parameters. Temp, pH, nitrates, nitrites, ammonia, copper, PO4, KH, GH... shrimp can be sensitive to all of these parameters.

Ph is light green.
Ammo is yellow
Nitrate is Orange in the 20 ppm or lower.
Temp is 82-84 depends on the day.
I run c02 n dose plant iron.

What exactly are u dosing? I wonder if the fert might have traces of copper in it? Copper is deadly to shrimp.

What PPM are you running your CO2 at?

How about nitrites?

I assume ammo is yellow means 0 ppm? Any ammonia can be very bad for shrimp.

Nitrates below 20, pH between 6.5-8, temp between 70-85 should be good.

What size tank, and how much excel are you dosing?

What kind of Fe are you dosing? Is it seachem iron or something else?

I don't know what swathed iron means. What brand is it?

You are dosing .5 ml of excel or .5 ml of iron? .5 ml of excel wouldn't have any effect on a tank.. positive or negative.

Sorry about the miss spell, my phone spell check is being dumb.
I meant to say seachem.
.5ml of both.

Okay, so that is not the problem. Re-read the dosing instruction on excel. 0.5 mL of excel is not going to do much for your planted tank.

How old are the shrimp/how long have you had them? Have they bred in the tank yet?

the shrimp that r dying are the one I just got not to long ago, about 3-4 days now.
There one berries shrimp in there alone with 2 other adult.

Ok, so they are newer shrimp. My guess would again go back to water quality... they are not adjusting well to your tank's parameters. Are the new ones you got adult shrimp? They have a tougher time adjusting to new conditions.

Shrimp are swimming, deca-pod crustaceans classified below Caridee order, which is widely throughout the world as fresh and salt water. Adult shrimp are benthic filter feeding animals that live near the base. That they can live in schools and can swim rapidly backwards. Shrimp are an important food source for larger animals to whales and fish.

Back
Top Bottom