Red crab disappeared

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rupp3322

Aquarium Advice Activist

I got this little crab, it's red, about the size of a quarter. I just thought it looked fun at the lfs. So i put it in my tank and it burrowed into the sand and i haven't seen it for 3 days! Is this normal? Will it be okay? At the store the substrate was only a quarter inch so it couldnt disappear.

Thats exactly what it looks like! I have about a 4 inch sandbed so i may never see him again! Lol. Thanks for the link!

Haha! You'll see him eventually I'm sure! Try feeding one night, turn your lights off for an hour and go in and look for him. I bet he has a nice hole somewhere near your live rock. He will come out soon enough!

I had the same issue with my red crab, it hid for like a week, I thought he was gone. But it ended up coming out eventually but wasn't very fun to watch it just hid in my LR. Then I found three of its legs around my tank and him just barely alive, I think my damsels got um.

Damsels are wicked! I think the crab is cool but couldn't find much info on them. Do they need to be able to get to the surface occasionally? I know some crabs do but was curious as to what your LFS said.

Back
Top Bottom