Red Devil or Tiger Oscar

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i adored both my oscars like they were dogs! seriously, id train them to do tricks and all til they hit about 6 inches. i just sold my 2nd one 2 days ago due to aggression, so they aren't the most peaceful creatures! but i adore mine. it plays with the decorations, likes to watch me, swims so beautifully, and is quite easy to care for.
i have seen RDs and fallen for them because of how feisty they are, and midas cichlids are pretty cool too, but they aren't quite oscars IMO :)

i have a 9 inch oscar and i love her. i have trained her to hand feed, as well as bite all fingers put in her tank, and she likes to be petted. the water care is a bit of a pain but totally worth it when i see her playing with her decor or looking down through a "peep hole" she has made in her sand. she is about 14 months old @ this point and ive had her fora year. all of my friends have fallen for her 2, so much that i bought 1 of then a baby oscar for themselves! and he is growing like a weed. they grow about an inch a month the first year so they really need high quality food, esp then, and tho you dont have to many enjoy treats like veggies, fruit, or so lean meat like chicken or beef. mine eats steak, burger, pork, even had turkey for thanksgiving. i would def get another oscr if i could because i love the personalities that are as big as they are!

Back
Top Bottom