Red Eyed Dwarf Puffer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishinfreak

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I was browsing my LFS's website, and happened to notice that they got some Red Eyed Dwarf Puffers :evilbat::vader: (they have red eyes :D) in stock recently :eek2:. I was planning to start a nano tank in my 6.6g in less than a week, but that may just have to change. A while back I was considering doing a dwarf puffer tank, but never thought I might be able to get some of these cool guys. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these guys or normal dp's, Im just wondering how hard they are to keep. Also, I already have a very nice population of snails going :uzi:.
Also just to make some people jealous, go ahead and check out some of the other crazy fish they get in stock. Tropiquatics
If you guys didn't notice, I just discovered all the other fun emoticons.:shocked!::eek2::BIG::infinity::invasion::invasion::invasion::eyes:

I had a true red eyed Puffer for 5 years who I am assuming died from old age. I kept her in a 20 gallon long tank along with a betta and 6 cory cats. She was fed frozen foods such as blood worms, brine shrimp and ramshorn snails. She never bothered any fish and was very friendly.

I now have a Malabar Puffer, whom from what I can tell just eats blood worms, I have never seen her eat anything else that I have offered. She is in a larger community tank with with a betta, neon tetras, Kuhli's. I just introduced some cory cat fry and she is not bothering them either.

These are one of my favorite fish, so far both of mine are very docile, very curious and fun to watch.

I hope this helps.

I have a dwarf puffer in my community tank. They are very curious but dont bother any of the other fish. I'll usually find him staring at the snails! For feeding I have to turn my filter down so he has a chance to eat. He likes to stare at things before he eats them.

Back
Top Bottom