Red koi angel

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not sure whats happened but ive noticed this morning the bigger one is now chasing the smaller one do i need to split them

Always check the water parameters just in case there is too much ammonia, nitrite or nitrate. Sometimes fish will act a bit aggressive not sure how the 2 correlate but have seen it happen a number of times. I guess on edge from discomforts.

What size is the tank they are in and how big is their body? Could just be hormones as well. Often they will chase, and posture /I call it stomping their feet at each other. Where they act like if they were people facing off stomping their feet /waving their arms, at the other like "come on, whatcha gonna do, huh, huh, come on, I dare ya!" They will shake and shudder at each other, lip lock too.

I would worry more if they are ripping each others fins out kind of attacking. Then a big net /box. I have seen people use nets, organizing baskets, and the plastic needle point panels stitched together, and of course, manufactured tank dividers as well as acrylic sheets with holes drilled through in DIY version.

Always check the water parameters just in case there is too much ammonia, nitrite or nitrate. Sometimes fish will act a bit aggressive not sure how the 2 correlate but have seen it happen a number of times. I guess on edge from discomforts.

What size is the tank they are in and how big is their body? Could just be hormones as well. Often they will chase, and posture /I call it stomping their feet at each other. Where they act like if they were people facing off stomping their feet /waving their arms, at the other like "come on, whatcha gonna do, huh, huh, come on, I dare ya!" They will shake and shudder at each other, lip lock too.

I would worry more if they are ripping each others fins out kind of attacking. Then a big net /box. I have seen people use nets, organizing baskets, and the plastic needle point panels stitched together, and of course, manufactured tank dividers as well as acrylic sheets with holes drilled through in DIY version.
I havent checked the waters the tanks only small 60l i haf to put them in there as the barbs were picking on my first angel when i first put him in my main tank they seem fine now i was going to put them bavk in the main tank when they get bigger as there not massive and its just them two

So how many Barbs and what kind, do you have in the main tank and what size is it???

The 60l is ~ 15G, and it could be size of tank or water issue (or both). The smaller space is likely getting to be a problem.

I would test the water if you can. If not save some water from the tank now in a rinsed bag or jar and get it tested soon.

Otherwise when was the last water change on the Angel's tank, and how much water?

Back
Top Bottom