red veins in amazon sword. **pictures**

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mr funktastic

Aquarium Advice Addict
when i first bought it it was a pure geen colour and looked awesome but now it seems that all the veins in the plant have gone red. it still looks amazing but i am wondering is this is maybe a bad thing. is this a sign of sickness? anybody else ever have this happen. i will try to geta pic so you can see what i mean

Attachments

• 100_0040_2_132.jpg
    100_0040_2_132.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 84
  • amazonred_854.jpg
    amazonred_854.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 114
it is am amzon sword. it is really weird looking. the plant ios very healthy and growing nicely but just has the funky red veins going through it.

i bought this plant from big als and they get all there plants from tropica. i still have the original little pot labler thing. according to this it is a echinodorus bleheri paniculatus. soes that tell u anything lol

The plant in the picture looks perfectly normal. It also looks like what is normally considered as an "Amazon sword". What type of lighting do you have?

i have a 15 watt power glow bulb (10000 k i think) and a sunglo bulb(6700 k i think) so 30 watts over 20 gallons. and a hagen co2 system

Back
Top Bottom